Planning & Development
OverviewThe Planning Department is committed to serving the City in achieving a high quality of life by providing professional guidance and coordination of all land planning and development activities, and by consistently implementing the City's regulations and policies.
Planning CommissionClick here for commission member information and submittal dates.
Please view the County Assessor's Real Property Records for property values, address, subdivision information, and ownership information.
For floodplain information, please view our resources on floodplain management.
To find more information on city ordinances in the City of Van Buren, please view our public records.
All items for review by the subdivision review committee are due in the Planning Department office by 12:00 P.M., five working days before the actual meeting. Please click the link for utility company contact information. If you need further information, please contact the Planning Department at 479-471-5006.
Standard Drawings & Specifications
For additional resources about public works constructions, please view our public records.
- Grading and Erosion Control Ordinance (PDF)
- Grading and Erosion Control Plan (PDF)
- Map of Tributaries for Erosion Control (PDF)
- Master Street Plan Map (PDF)
- Minimum Drainage Standards (PDF)
- Minimum Street Standards - Ordinance No 19-2010 (PDF)
- Minimum Street Standards (PDF)
- Planning Jurisdiction Map 2013 (PDF)
- Street - Curb and Gutter Detail (DWF)
- Street - Intersection Detail (DWF)
- Street - Normal Crown Drawing (DWF)
- Street - Tipped Section Drawing (DWF)
- Street - Underdrain Detail (DWF)
- Street Cut and Repair Standards Type A (DWF)
- Street Cut and Repair Standards Type B-C-D (DWF)
- Utility Ordinance (PDF)
- Sidewalk Specifications
- Sidewalk Standard Drawings 1
- Sidewalk Standard Drawings 2
- Sidewalk Standard Drawings 3
- Sidewalk Street Cross Sections