The City of Van Buren is proud to be rated Class 9 in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) Community Rating System (CRS). This allows our citizens to purchase flood insurance with up to a 15% discount. For more information, please click the following links:
As a public service, the City of Van Buren will provide you with the following information upon request:
- Whether a property is in or out of the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) as shown on the current Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) of the City.
- Additional flood insurance data for a site such as the FIRM zone and the base flood elevation or depth, if shown on the FIRM.
- We have a handout on the flood insurance purchase requirement that can help people who need a mortgage or loan for a property in the SFHA.
- Elevation certificates are available for recent construction.
- Assistance with use of the Van Buren Public GIS.
If you would like to make an inquiry, please provide the street address and, if available, the subdivision, lot and block number. We are open 8:00 AM to 5:00 P.M. (closing at Noon for lunch and Friday's at 4:30 P.M.). Please call us at (479) 471-5025 or visit the Public Works Department in the Municipal Annex, addressed at 111 North 12th Street. Please see David Martin for assistance with the Van Buren Public GIS or specific flood questions.
Do I live in a Floodplain?
- FEMA Map Service Center: Search for FEMA Map Panels