- Floodplain Management
- Floodplain Administrator: David Martin, CFM
- Planning Assistant: Jennifer Willoughby
OverviewThe City of Van Buren is proud to be rated Class 9 in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) Community Rating System (CRS). This allows our citizens to purchase flood insurance with up to a 15% discount. For more information, please click the following links:
National Flood Insurance Program
CRS Notification (PDF)
As a public service, the City of Van Buren will provide you with the following information upon request:
- Whether a property is in or out of the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) as shown on the current Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) of the City.
- Additional flood insurance data for a site such as the FIRM zone and the base flood elevation or depth, if shown on the FIRM.
- We have a handout on the flood insurance purchase requirement that can help people who need a mortgage or loan for a property in the SFHA.
- Elevation certificates are available for recent construction.
- Assistance with use of the Van Buren Public GIS.
Do I live in a Floodplain?
- FEMA Map Service Center: Search for FEMA Map Panels
- Van Buren Public GIS: Search the City of Van Buren Public GIS for your parcel/property.
- Elevation Certificate Database
- FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps
- Flood Insurance Studies
- Letters of Map Change
- NFIP Files
- MT-1 Application Forms and Instructions for Conditional and Final LOMA and LOMR Based on Fill
- MT-2 Application Forms and Instructions for CLOMR and LOMR
- USGS Arkansas Water Science Center
- Real Time River Gage Data
- FEMA’s Homeowner’s Guide to Retrofitting
- FEMA’s Protecting Building Utilities From Flood Damage
- FEMA has a variety of fact sheets on flood protection
- FEMA’s FloodSmart Program “Test the Waters”
- The Institute for Business and Home Safety
- Protection References FEMA’s library
- Red Cross Flood Safety Checklist
- The Red Cross/FEMA Flyer on Recovering From a Disaster
- Repairing Your Flooded Home
- La reparación de su casa inundada - en español